With transportation eating up the lion’s share of logistics expenses, you’re under constant pressure to drive down rates and overall costs.
GENCO can relieve that pressure. Our transportation procurement services result operationally feasible capacity plans with savings of up to 35% on the rates themselves.
We are NOT a bid management company. We’re a transportation management company that manages freight purchasing projects. The difference? Results that deliver as promised. Many of our customers have come to us after carriers chosen during a previous bid process failed to live up to price or service commitments.
5-step Process for Freight Purchasing
GENCO's freight purchasing process covers the entire spectrum of services, from creating baseline data through awarding the contracts. The whole process typically takes approximately 90 days to complete.
- Create a Baseline - To better understand a customer’s current freight spend, GENCO creates a baseline of data and writes an RFP that details the customer’s needs. An RFP scorecard helps customers identify key components of a provider’s solution.
- Receive RFPs - After soliciting the RFP, GENCO provides clarification services to carriers. A GENCO help desk is available to answer carrier questions about the RFP.
- Evaluate Responses - Evaluating submitted responses and scenarios can be challenging. However, this task becomes easier through our industry leading web-based procurement tools. We provide data that details how each carrier will affect the baseline data to predict future results.
- Conduct Negotiations - The key to negotiating is providing data that supports a position. GENCO uses the data generated from baseline surveys, responses and scenario analyses to create a negotiating strategy for our customers. We perform the negotiations to deliver savings.
- End Notification to Carriers - GENCO awards business to carriers. Rates are loaded and you can execute contracts.
GENCO Value Drivers for Transportation Procurement
Real-world Experience- If a carrier bids a high price to service a lane, often we will recognize this and challenge them during negotiation. Many larger consulting firms, which are not operators, lack this real-world perspective.
Online Bid Execution- We use an industry leading procurement module, which provides efficient online bid execution, 24/7.
Non-asset-based Model- Our carrier-agnostic approach results in recommendations that are precisely right for your business.
Broad, Pre-qualified Carrier Base- You'll enjoy ready access to freight capacity with carriers that meet GENCO’s high standards for on-time shipments, safety and technology utilization.
Not Just “What Is…” but “What If…?”
Unlike other transportation procurement companies, we design our RFPs to uncover many potential areas for savings. For instance, what would the cost impact be for a mode shift or location change, or if target transit time changed by a day? Our bid management tool explores numerous scenarios, resulting in greater savings for you.
Find transportation procurement savings opportunities now
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-378-9671 to reach a transportation procurement expert.