Test Repair & Refurbishment
ROI typically isn’t mentioned in the same sentence as retail returns. However, GENCO’s test, repair, and refurbishment services can produce a good ROI for returned consumer electronics and other high-value products.
GENCO’s test, repair, and refurbishment services, part of an all-in-one reverse logistics solution for high-value products, can improve your net recovery value on returns by 25% to 50%.
In addition, you’ll:
- Speed up your cash cycle as product moves quickly through the electronics repair and remarketing process.
- Reduce repair costs by fixing only those items for which there is demand and for which there is an ROI.
- Reduce freight and labor costs as products are tested and repaired in the return center instead of going back and forth between outside repair vendors.
- Reduce inventory because product visibility during test and repair is maintained on the same system.
GENCO Value Drivers for Test and Repair Services
Fine-tuned Repair Processes- With more than 5 million devices tested and repaired annually, our processes ensure efficiency and high quality.
Serialized Tracking- You’ll never lose visibility to product during the repair cycle.
Scalable Solutions- Combining our internal expertise and the skills of outside repair partners, when necessary, for different commodities gives us the flexibility to meet your changing requirements.
Economical Repair Management- GENCO has operations in both the United States and Mexico.
Defect Analysis- Helps to prevent future returns.
Fast, Accurate Testing- Advanced diagnostics equipment ensures speed and accuracy.
Integrated Approach- Placing test, repair, and refurbishment services within return center operations means fewer touch points, reduced freight runs and a smaller carbon footprint.
Specific Test and Repair Services
- Inspection and disposition
- Failure analysis
- Board-level and cosmetic repair
- Flashing, CPI clearing
- Failure analysis reporting
Refurbishment and Recertification
GENCO’s refurbishment expertise includes remanufacturing, software upgrades, cosmetic reconditioning/replacement, testing, recertification, and re-packaging. Service criteria are based on functional repair, excluding customer abuse and manufacturers’ defects.
Corresponding procedures are developed and implemented in advance for product recertification testing, repair, refurbishment, and disposition activities. Testing procedures can involve several levels. If a product fails certain tests, GENCO can handle disposition or can disassemble and use components to repair and refurbish other products.
GENCO Test and Repair Capabilities and Certifications
- Certified ESD-compliant repair
- ISO 9001-2008
- TL 9000—an extension of the ISO quality standard that is focused on telecommunications products
- SAS 70 compliance
Find test, repair, and refurbishment savings opportunities now
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-378-9671 to reach a test, repair, and refurbishment expert.