Reverse Logistics in the Retail Industry
Managing retail store and online returns while reconciling vendor credits is a complex challenge. With thousands of different products, each with multiple disposition possibilities, you’ve probably spent more time and money — at the store and at the warehouse — than it is worth.
GENCO is the recognized leader in retail returns management. Over the last three decades, we’ve helped retailers, large and small, achieve an average 20% reduction in costs related to returns processing.
Automating the Retail Returns Process with R-Log® Reverse Logistics Software
GENCO developed our proprietary R-Log reverse logistics software to manage the reverse flow of products, information and cash from the point of receipt through final disposition. R-Log houses the business rules, agreed to between you and your vendors, defining the appropriate product disposition method for each product. These rules help automate formerly manual processes to virtually eliminate human error, speed up the reverse flow of products and reduce labor costs.
R-Log benefits include:
- Automation of the returns authorization process
- Validation and crediting of online customer returns
- Improved reconciliation of customer, store, and vendor compliance
- Virtual elimination of store labor to process returns, freeing up store-level staff to work directly with customers
- Reduced inventory and improved cash flow through fast, automated processing
- Immediate application of vendor credits to the accounts payable system
- Complete visibility and control through a Web-based tool that provides real-time information on returns inventory.
GENCO Value Drivers for Retail Reverse Logistics Services
Benchmarking Capability— Extensive experience managing retail reverse logistics lets you quickly compare your operation’s performance to your peers.
Serialized Tracking— Systems provide serialized tracking of returned product through final disposition, allowing you to monitor your inventory and better manage your supply chain.
Regional Return Centers— We can serve multiple customers in the same facility throughout the United States, enabling you to share labor, systems and space to reduce warehouse and transportation costs.
Freight Optimization— By using our transportation logistics team to manage efficient milk runs to pick up returns from stores and transport them to a central return center, you optimize freight.
Unsaleables Management— Our experts can reduce warehouse and freight damage to, ultimately, reduce the volume and cost of returns.
Maximize the Value of Retail Reverse Logistics Now
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-378-9671 to reach a retail reverse logistics expert.