Building a faster distribution network doesn't rely on automation
In a push to create quicker and more reliable distribution systems, many firms are investing in automated systems. Amazon recently announced a purchase of an automated warehouse system to help it process large volumes of orders.
Modern businesses need quick and efficient warehouse management systems if they are going to compete. However, not every company requires automated systems. Working with a third party logistics specialist can help firms create a warehouse management system that works for their unique needs.
Contract logistics groups can help companies manage warehouse and distribution systems that increase response time while decreasing costs and error rates. With their specialized knowledge of warehouse management, firms can better organize products for faster order fulfillment. In addition to increasing efficiency, partnering with a specialist is likely to improve safety through the implementation of best practices.
Automated systems may seem like the right solution, but often these fulfillment processes need to be incorporated into a larger supply chain. New transportation procedures may be required to handle changes in freight packaging that result from the automated systems. This can impact delivery times or increase transportation costs. Third party logistics specialists can help organizations foresee potential problems caused by implementing new procedures.
- E-commerce Creating Need For Faster Order Fulfillment
- Ecommerce Growth Shifting Toward Tablets
- Dealing With Multichannel Returns
- Data Analysis Is Driving Change In Supply Chains
- Packaging Gets Interactive With QR Codes
- New Plastic May Lead To More Sustainable Packaging
- Product Packaging Becoming More Sustainable
- Rising Packaging Costs Impacting Supply Chains