Online sales create demand for logistics management
Consumer behavior and the rise of internet sales has created a unique balance between providing products and maintaining an efficient supply chain.
To remain competitive, companies now need to deliver a website that can drive online sales through its ease of use. The high volume of online orders has introduced new logistics challenges for organizations. Companies need to refine their delivery methods to deliver a variety of goods purchased online to an ever-increasing number of locations in a manner that is quick and cost efficient.
Then comes the question of how a business handles returns. Consumers like to see and, if possible, test products before final purchase. This is something that buying from a website can't facilitate. Customers will often purchase the product, only to return it after a few days. Keeping up with the increased volume of returns creates complications for organizations.
Logistic specialists such as GENCNO ATC can help companies with their product eCommerce fulfillment needs. Specializing in reverse logistics, GENCO ATC can help its partners make smarter decisions to improve their supply chains.
Companies focusing their efforts on ecommerce will need to find the right balance of speed and efficiency to capture a competitive edge. Partnering with the right logistics expert can help.
- E-commerce Creating Need For Faster Order Fulfillment
- Ecommerce Growth Shifting Toward Tablets
- Dealing With Multichannel Returns
- Data Analysis Is Driving Change In Supply Chains
- Reverse Logistics A Key Part Of Company Growth
- Minimizing The Effects Of Product Recalls With Reverse Logistics
- Unlock Capital With Reverse Logistics
- Recycling Products Lowers Production Costs