Warehouse solutions for slow-moving merchandise
Slow-moving merchandise is a problem that online retailers and warehouse solutions routinely face. It places extra stress on operations and budgets as it takes up space and resources that could be used for newer technology, better products or expansion.
Liquidation is the method of choice to get rid of static merchandise and still remain profitable. There are a number of tactical approaches that any online retailer or warehouse solution should have in their arsenal when it comes to implementing this procedure, according to Multichannel Merchant.
By updating ordering options, online retailers can reduce prices to cut sluggish inventory, using methods like buy-one-get-one free or discounts for bulk orders. Also, it is possible to pair it as a complimentary item with certain orders, as long as the coupling seems relevant.
Knowing when and where to use free shipping is crucial. Since customers have now come to expect this method, look at it as an opportunity by offering free next-day shipping on slow-moving merchandise and advertise it as a deal, the source continued.
As always, when implementing any type of liquidation technique, stay in contact with your warehouse staff and major business operations. Let them know to expect extra volume or expedited shipping more frequently.
- E-commerce Creating Need For Faster Order Fulfillment
- Ecommerce Growth Shifting Toward Tablets
- Dealing With Multichannel Returns
- Data Analysis Is Driving Change In Supply Chains
- Liquidation Helps Add Value To Supply Chains
- Dealing With Surplus In The Supply Chain
- Liquidate Unwanted Goods To Improve Warehouse Efficiency
- Liquidation Provides Valuable Service To Companies In Need