Technologies that logistics providers should use
Companies can only grow as fast as the speed of the customer. Many suppliers try to find the perfect balance of meeting supply and demand. However, it is not as simple as making more product when the demand is high, and creating less when interest is low.
There is a wide variety of technologies and capabilities that leading logistics providers should learn and implement on a regular basis to maintain the equilibrium and achieve optimum warehouse and distribution efficiency, according to Supply Chain Brain.
It is important for providers to remain globally consistent and reliable. Infrastructure is crucial and needs to be flexible, yet strict. Time zones, internet connections and transportation availability can vary drastically even within a single company, depending on locations and available technology. Any logistics provider must be able to adapt and meet deadlines in sometimes new and creative ways, the source continued.
Additionally, it is key that a leading logistics solution is able to properly manage productivity and efficiency. One such way is through rigorous reporting, analytics and data validation. Inventory could be handled less, the workforce could be better distributed based on strengths and weaknesses and data could be thoroughly checked for accuracy, stated the source.
Through tougher analysis standards across all sectors of an operation, a leading logistics provider can make it easier to cut costs and increase profits.
- E-commerce Creating Need For Faster Order Fulfillment
- Ecommerce Growth Shifting Toward Tablets
- Dealing With Multichannel Returns
- Data Analysis Is Driving Change In Supply Chains
- Reverse Logistics A Key Part Of Company Growth
- Minimizing The Effects Of Product Recalls With Reverse Logistics
- Unlock Capital With Reverse Logistics
- Recycling Products Lowers Production Costs
- Keeping Customers Happy With Logistics Management
- Billions Lost To Traffic Congestion
- Transportation Jobs Increase In January
- Freight Volume Rises In November