Streamline your supply chain by performing final product packaging at the distribution center. GENCO combines packaging and distribution expertise to eliminate extra touches that drive up freight and labor costs and tie up your cash as product moves to and from outside packagers.
Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
For imported products, our value can be even greater because we can perform final packaging in a foreign trade zone (FTZ) that eliminates or defers duties until the product is distributed.
A major manufacturer of GPS devices shifted final packaging from Asia to GENCO’s Texas facility, which operates within a FTZ. Before this move, 200 completed packages were shipped per pallet from Asia.
Today, pallets contain 850 unpackaged devices, resulting in millions of dollars in freight savings. For this customer we also perform last-minute physical and software changes in the United States and manage procurement of packaging materials and accessories, further simplifying and streamlining the supply chain.
GENCO Value Drivers for Product Packaging
- Flexibility - From simple blister packs to complex custom designs, our variety of packaging alternatives can meet your needs.
- Continuous Improvement - Our ISO 9001-2000 standards and Lean Six Sigma culture drive “manufacturer-like” quality and continuous improvement.
- FTZ Services - Reduce your merchandise processing fees and eliminate duties on imported components.
- Purchasing and Inventory Management - Monitor purchases of components and packaging supplies to free up your cash and relieve you of this administrative burden.
- Labor Management - Rapid flex and scale enables us to handle your highest-volume special projects.
- Tier-1 Warehouse Management System (WMS) - Track your inventory to the serial number level, from manufacturer to final disposition.
- Co-location - Co-locating your packaging, distribution and repair operations for consumer electronics products drives dramatic reductions in product ownership costs.
Maximize Product Packaging Savings Now
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-378-9671 to reach a product packaging expert.