Pick to Light and Put to Light
Pick to light and put to light systems are the most cost-effective means of providing dramatic improvements in warehouse productivity and picking accuracy. Productivity improvements from these systems generally range from 25% to 50%, but some companies have seen much greater improvements. And companies are achieving these results in as few as 12 months.
The pick to light, paperless solution increases the pick rate productivity, accuracy and cost efficiency of this labor-intensive operation by reducing walk time, eliminating reading errors and simplifying the task throughout the pick process.
Pick to Light System Benefits
- Increased picker productivity and accuracy; error rates are less than .01%
- Minimized training time
- Quick staff ramp-up to handle seasonal peaks
- Quick ROI
- Picker accountability for every pick
- Real-time sorting of orders and directed replenishment
Put to Light System Benefits
Put to light is pick to light in reverse. Sharing the same technology as pick to light systems, put to light is used in retail distribution centers that frequently ship to the same number of stores.
Other benefits of put-to-light include:
- SKU independent for companies that have a large number of SKUs
- High-speed sort capability
- Less floor space required
- Generally lower cost than pick to light systems because fewer locations are needed
- Ideal when the number of orders are smaller, more frequent and generally consistent on a day-to-day basis
Maximize Pick to Light : Put to Light Savings Now
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-378-9671 to reach a pick to light / put to light expert.